Tallahassee chiropractor Dr. Raymond Verrier works with thousands of individuals every year frustrated by arthritis, which can cause both acute and chronic pain. He offers completely natural and drug-free services which work with your body's innate self-healing powers.
What is Arthritis?
Arthritis is a broad term that encompasses over 100 different conditions. What they share in common is joint damage and inflammation (hence the telltale suffix "-itis"). Causes include both environmental and genetic factors, such as posture, occupation, weight, overall health status, cigarette use, age, family history, and personal history of injury.
Here are a few of the most common types of arthritis you've probably heard of:
- Osteoarthritis (OA) - commonly caused by so-called "wear and tear," OA occurs when the cartilage inside joints (frequently spine, shoulder, hip, and knee) wears down, causing bone to rub on bone. This leads to inflammation, narrowed joint spaces, and compensatory bony spurs which further disrupts movement.
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) - this is an autoimmune disorder that frequently affects joints in your hands and feet, and occurs due to immune-mediated inflammation of inner joint lining.
- Gout - a chronic condition causing acute flare ups due to a build of urate crystals within the joints.
Common Signs & Symptoms of Arthritis
Arthritis can present in a variety of ways and affects each person a little differently. Common symptoms include:
- Stiff, painful, tender, swollen, hot, and/or reddened joints
- Decreased joint range of motion
- Joint deformity
- Muscle weakening around and near the affected joints
- Pain that is worse first thing in the morning or immediately after rising
- The sound or feeling of clicking, popping, and grinding in the joint
Sometimes, a painful arthritic joint can "refer" pain to a nearby area of the body.
How Our Chiropractor in Tallahassee, FL Provides Drug-Free Arthritic Pain Relief
Arthritis may not be curable, but it is manageable with help from our chiropractor in Tallahassee FL. Here are just a few of our services which can help:
- Chiropractic adjustments, which can optimize joint alignment and trigger natural pain relief
- Cold laser therapy, which uses a non-thermal laser beam to interact with tissues beneath the skin and facilitate increased cellular repair and pain relief
- Corrective exercises which help you regain muscle strength to support your arthritic joints and increase tolerance to activity
Are You or a Loved One Living with Arthritis Near Tallahassee FL? Contact the Magnolia Wellness Center for Healing
Dr. Verrier is here to help you find drug-free relief from your arthritis. Contact us at (850) 656-6606 to schedule your appointment at the Magnolia Wellness Center of Tallahassee, FL.